Writers and Editors
Contract: Job-by-job, freelance, as required.
Experience: At least five years’ relevant experience.
Green Ink is seeking freelance writers, editors and proofreaders to work with us as Associates.
Our Associates are carefully vetted, independent freelancers who work with us as required, providing us with additional capacity, as well as particular specialist skills. You will work with our project manager and with our editorial teams and get to know our workflow and working practices.
We are seeking people with at least one of the following skills and specialisms:
- researching and writing
- rewriting, editing and copy-editing
We are looking for subject expertise and demonstrable experience of working with copy in at least one of the following areas:
- environment, climate change, and water and natural resources management
- low emissions technologies and renewable energy
- sustainable transport and battery technology
- ecology, wildlife and biodiversity
- farming, agriculture, livestock, crops and forestry
- sustainable development, international development and development finance
- health, public health, pharmaceuticals and medicine
You should have demonstrable experience of writing/editing/proofreading copy on these issues, in a variety of formats, in different styles, and for different audiences. Experience of using InCopy for integrating corrections at proof stage would be useful but not essential.
You should be able to work remotely from a brief, pull-together information from multiple sources and produce readable and engaging text.
You will need to be able to work as part of a team and to show that you can also work independently.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a short cover letter outlining why you are suitable, a CV and stating your hourly/day rate. Please note that you may be required to take a test or supply a portfolio of work as part of the selection process.
Back to Vacancies page here.